Considering the rise of online learning, many educators and professionals have raised a concern regarding the wastage of money, time, and other resources when an individual gets into a fraudulent educational institution. Not only does it harm the student’s career, but it also affects the reputation of genuine institutions.
Keeping this concern in mind, we are discussing ways and factors highlighted by top educationists at global education conferences, such as the Education 2.0 Conference, to help students distinguish between genuine and fraudulent educational institutions.
Warning Signs Of Fraudulent Institutions By Top Education Conferences In Dubai
Whenever something seems easy and alluring to you, you tend to purchase it, invest in it, or enroll in it quickly as it has a deadline too that convinces you for this instant gratification. Well, fraudsters are aware of these impulsive purchases, and they use these tricks to manipulate their potential victims and trick them into making such purchases. After observing a hike in online education fraud, global education conferences are trying to create awareness among educators, students, and learners about these prevailing educational frauds.
- No/Fraud Accreditation Status Of The Institution
Checking an institution’s accreditation status was the essential suggestion highlighted by the top education conferences in Dubai. For any online learning, check for its accreditation by the Council for Higher Education or the U.S. Department of Education. They validate many distance courses, and thus institutes that run without their consent must be thoroughly verified by the learners before enrolling in them.
CHEA also provides accreditable programs for students looking for online education and learning.
- Easy & Fees-Oriented Process To Gain Degree
Besides accredited courses, one can look for the institutions’ tendency of calls or engagement in getting the learners enrolled. Suppose the academic person asks you to make quick payments to avail yourself of extra benefits, gain a degree from a 3-year program in just two years, and many other unbelievable advantages. In that case, it’s time to reconsider your decision. As usually such, beyond opportunistic and unrealistic benefits are offered by fraud institutions to attract more learners.
- Lack Of Student Services
Genuine online programs offer students 24/7 guidance and support that appears to be missing in fraud institutions. One can get comprehensive information about the institution’s staff, previous students, and directors from their website. If any of those is missing or doesn’t appear reliable, you need to consider your enrollment in that institution.
- False Address & Institution’s Name
Many fraudsters replicate famous or renowned names to create genuineness for their fraud campuses. So, don’t get enrolled, considering the name of the institution. Instead, cross-check its both physical and web addresses. Most educational institutions use .edu in their URLs, and that’s another way suggested by educational thought leaders to verify any institution. Although it’s not the only way, one can consider these factors while looking for an online course to join.
- Additional Pressure To Enroll
Fraudsters are always scared of their reality, and they would always ask the learners to enroll as soon as possible. As deep down, the frauds fear that the learners will not pay them if they’ll get to know that they’re enrolling in a fraud institute. To get the learners enrolled in their program, they will offer invaluable benefits and try to put additional pressure on them, which is a warning sign for individuals to notice.
The top education conferences in Dubai suggest that if an individual considers the warning mentioned above signs before enrolling in any online course or program, they can identify the trap of the fraudsters and save themselves from losing their resources. Apart from staying cautious, learners can also prevent online educational fraud by following steps.
Sharp Tips Suggested At The Global Education Conferences
- Research Well. Always check for the institute’s affiliation and accreditation. Get complete information from a reliable source and enroll in your desired program. In case of any confusion, don’t hesitate to contact the education department of the U.S. or CHEA.
- Ask Questions. If something seems fishy during the admission process, don’t fall for it. Instead, question them, and until you feel satisfied, don’t get under their pressure of enrollment.
- Enquire The Institution. Always check for the institute name, URL, study material, address details, staff details, enrolled students, and reviews. Sometimes it may sound too much, but it’s needed for your security.
- Pay In Installments. If you can pay in installments, avoid paying all at once. Take your time to analyze the institute and build your trust in its functioning.
- Don’t Get Carried Away. If you sense shortcuts in the whole education process, like paying a minimal amount and getting a degree at your doorstep, avoid getting such a degree as it will not serve any long-term benefit to your learning.
- Spread Awareness. One can share their experiences and encounters with these fraudulent with others at global education conferences to spread awareness about the prevailing education frauds.
- Listen To Your Gut. One of the essential suggestions is to listen to your gut feeling, don’t ignore what your instincts tell you. Consider them and then decide or choose your action.
These are the few ways to stay alert while enrolling in any educational institution. But more information on these growing academic frauds can be explored at upcoming educational events of the Education 2.0 Conference, which is preparing its Winter Edition in Dubai and USA. It’s not essential just for learners to know about the trending strategies adopted by fraud in education but for educators as well. Everyone needs to stay updated about the strategies and methods used by fraud to gain people’s trust. Apart from self-learning, staying updated with the educational news, attending global education and learning conferences can help you keep track of the changes and trends in that sector.